The Difference Between Abuse and Addiction
The common question in most people’s mind is about the difference between drug addiction and drug abuse and how these two are connected with each other. It is not easy to tell when the person you care cross the line from drug abuse to a full-blown drug addiction. Both drug abuse and addiction could have a damaging effect in a person’s life.
Drug abuse is perceived to be less devastating when compared to drug addiction but the fact is that the continuous use of drugs would be damaging to the life of the user. The treatment is available for people who are facing both the issues. You can discover more at ontariodrugrehabs.
If the person is experiencing following issues, then he is suffering from drug abuse:
- Inability to perform at your job, do necessary errands at home or manage any responsibilities
- Legal problems that are caused under the influence of drug
- The physical harm is done to others while under drug influence
- Continuous drug usage in spite of the above-mentioned problems
If the person experiences any of the three or more issues mentioned below, then he is addicted to the drug:
- The onset of different withdrawal symptoms
- Use of more amount of drugs to get the same result when experienced initially with a lesser amount
- Withdrawing from family and friends
- Less interest in your hobbies or pursuing school or career
- Continued use of drugs even though the problems related to grow day by day
- Many attempts to stop the usage without achieving any success
A person suffering from drug abuse has the ability to stop the usage of drugs at any time. However, an addict finds it quite tough to stay from the drug even if he got a keen desire to quite the usage.…